Does your voice whine, bark or growl? - - Training Dogs
Does your voice whine, bark or growl?
Dogs understand the tone of our voice more quickly than the meaning of our words. Their communication fits into three basic categories вЂ” whine, bark, growl.
Does your voice Praise (вЂњHappy talkвЂќ)(whine)
- - High-pitched, enthusiastic
- - If praising correctly, Lizzie will respond by wagging tail.
- - find the tone that makes Lizzie look happy when you praise her.
Does your voice Command (bark) mid-range to neutral
- - Not requesting, but telling Lizzie.
- - No nonsense, matter of fact, short words.
- - be direct when commanding
Does your voice Correct (growl) guttural tone
- - Never done with anger
- - use deep serious tone for corrections. NO YELLING.
- - Stay calm
So, does your voice whine, bark or growl to Lizzie?
- WhatвЂ™s My Dog Telling Me? Why Dogs Bark and What TheyвЂ™re Trying to Say
- Barking: What is Your Dog Really Saying?
- Maybe dogs really can talk!
- Wacky Product of the Week: Puppy Tweets
- What Are Dogs Trying to Say When They Bark?
- What Are Dogs Saying When They Bark? [Excerpt]