Dental Month - - Training Dogs
February is dental month for animals all over the world. Some Veterinarians think waiting till this one month can let a pets teeth worsen, so they generally have one day a week that dental procedures are emphasized and discounted, so please check with your вЂ�VeterinarianвЂ™.
Chew toys are not simply diversions for puppies, they are vital to training. They can help teach a puppy to direct its normal chewing behavior toward acceptable objects, and help keep teeth clean and healthy longer.
A. Choose the right toys
2. Interesting to the puppy
3. Dissimilar to your possessions (DonвЂ™t offer old shoes,, clothing, stuffed toys, etc.) Moreover, some shoes contain potentially poison and tanning agents.
4. Kong Toy, Nylabones/Gumabones, large C.E.T.Chews вЂ“ take away when size is small, enough to swallow.
5. Cow hooves and pig ears are. Acceptable if taken away when reach a size small enough to swallow.
6. Hard chew toys are better for satisfying the natural canine desire to chew and strengthen jaws.
B. Encourage playing with toys
1. Always praise correct chewing
2. Lace toys with food
3. Occasionally give a food reward for chewing
- Pet Connection: You canвЂ™t overrate dental care for dogs
- For the love of you pet: February is Pet Dental Month
- National Pet Dental Health Month
- Coping with a DogвЂ™s Inappropriate Chewing